Keep your mind fixed on the great and splendid thing you would like to do…
Do not fear being misunderstood, and never waste a moment thinking about your enemies. Try to fix firmly in your mind what you would like to do, and then without violence of direction you will move straight to the goal. -Elbert Hubbard
9 Obstinate Qualities of Freakishly Productive People
1. They say NO. They say it often, they say it effectively, they say it firmly, they learn not to feel bad about it.
2. They are insanely protective of their time. They do not fall into the trap of parsing it out, bit by bit, to every hooligan pounding at the door, bleeping on the phone, clicking at them on the computer. They own their time. They protect it.
3. They create very boring and consistent habits/routines that help them to achieve the critical inch. They go on autopilot as needed and do not waste brain cells on unnecessary details and decisions. They make it easy for themselves to be productive.
4. They learn to separate the need for perfection from the more important need to get something done.
5. They have ambitious goals that force them to make the most of their time and resources in order to get close to reaching them.
6. They have quit worrying about how to fit in, look good, or make sense to other people.
8. They worry less about balance and work a lot more on intense focus (passion, zeal, getting it done)
9. They have learned how to be flexible. They adjust, pivot, change course, change the plan, respond to feedback, don’t waste time.
and, just for kicks, here’s a #10: